ART-AI’s independent advisory board provides advice and guidance to the CDT’s management team and is independent of both the University of Bath and the CDT partners. The board meets every six months and since our foundation was chaired by Clive Hollick, Lord Hollick, who is a former member of both the House of Lords Select Committee on Science and Technology (2019-21) and the Lords’ Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence (2017-18). Last month Clive was elected Chair of the House of Lords Select Committee on Industry and Regulators, and as a consequence has retired from chairing our own board. Our sincere thanks and good wishes go to Clive. We’re certain he’ll continue to be a great chair wherever he serves!
Our new chair is Husna Siddiqi, an Information Protection Practitioner, currently leading Cloud Assurance Management at KPMG International Services Ltd. She has over fifteen years of experience in information security, data protection, IT risk and transformation program management across a number of sectors including Oil and Gas, Energy and Utilities, Consumer Business, Manufacturing and Professional Services. Prior to becoming a consultant, Husna was a lecturer in computer science and a software engineer. She is a World Economic Forum (WEF) contributor with publications in a number of reputed forums including IAPP. Husna aims to increase security and privacy awareness among diverse audiences using relatable examples, and is actively involved in global initiatives to promote diversity and inclusion and address unconscious bias.
Many thanks to Husna for chairing our board and to our other board members for their valuable feedback and oversight:
- Commodore Barry Brooks (Director, Wychcote Ltd; former IET President and former Master of the Worshipful Company of Engineers)
- Dr Fiona Colquhoun (CTO, Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office)
- Dr Rachel Free (Patent attorney, CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang)
- Matt Griffith (Director of Policy, Business West)
- Gail Kent (Director of Data, European Commission Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology)
- Dr Oliver Lanning (Senior Principal Research Scientist, Dstl)
- Dr Clara Neppel (Senior Director & Head of European Operations, IEEE Vienna)
- Chris Rees (Past President of BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT)
- Len Rinaldi (Founder, theTULMGroup)
- Antony Walker (Deputy CEO, techUK)
- Phil Williams (Managing Director, Team Defence Information)