AI Challenge Day on 29th January.
The event will be in the Lansdown Suite of the Apex City of Bath Hotel from 09:00 to 17:00. Coffee, pastries and registration will be available from 08:30. Please enter the hotel via the Charles Street entrance.
In the morning, we intend to concentrate on identifying the main challenges facing and generated by AI, and selecting the most important to take into the afternoon sessions.
In the afternoon, we hope that the problems will be fleshed out and, ideally, some potential solutions designed. Outcomes will inform the research direction of the CDT.
The provisional timetable is:
- Arrival and refreshments from 08:30
- From 09:00, in groups – Speed dating to discuss challenges and converge to key themes
- In plenary – Review key themes and select 5-6 for afternoon discussions
- From 14:00, formation of groups around each theme, each with group lead/facilitator and rapporteur
- Thematic group discussion: defining problem
- Group discussions: solutions
- In plenary: report from each group
- Summary and close approx. 17:00, drinks in bar for those who wish to continue discussion