Virtual webinar overview
A new era of digital transformation is underway, thanks to growing use of data balanced with a concern to ensure its security. As more business is done remotely, data that once stayed within organisations is now stored externally in the cloud. With data being a high priority in the United Kingdom, the government is also working to reform and develop an ambitious, pro-growth, and innovation-friendly data protection system that encourages the responsible use of data. For companies that handle private data, from customer-facing organisations to the technology vendors that take care of data for them, earning and keeping stakeholders’ trust must be a priority.
To do that, data need to be protected with a high degree of security and privacy. Many industries are exploring new technologies that enable data to be used and analysed while maintaining data-owners’ privacy. Such confidential computing techniques safeguard data in transit, at rest and in use.
To explore where privacy-enhanced technologies and confidential computing have been successful and what obstacles still need to be overcome in their adoption, join Economist Impact for Securing The Data: Unlocking New Frontiers, sponsored by IBM Public Cloud. This virtual event will examine the new data-protection technologies that secure information and set an intellectual agenda for the future of secure data processing.
Key questions addressed will include:
- In the UK and Ireland, what new privacy-friendly technologies are businesses adopting?
- What trends are driving the move towards confidential computing, and what challenges remain before it can be more widely adopted? What is the role of open governance and open collaboration in accelerating the shift?
- How can confidential computing move beyond cloud security and the edge of network?
- How are data-security technologies setting the stage for a new era of policymaking and regulation?
- What gaps and challenges exist in adopting this much-needed technology?